Friday, September 5, 2008

Symptoms of Whiplash and Claiming Injury Compensation

Suffering a whiplash injury can be a painful experience, both physically and financially. If the whiplash injury is serious because it may prevent you from work and do everyday tasks such as running, taking the children to school.

So what's the whiplash?

Whiplash is a common injury as a result of road and traffic accidents. During a car accident, for example, the body is moving forward and back and forward again. Acceleration of the vehicle when the deceleration is causing this effect, and subsequent injuries to the neck.

The symptoms of whiplash usually starts to appear in less than 48 hours after the accident. The most common symptoms include neck and shoulder stiffness, a sense of being unsteady or dizziness, fatigue, pain in the face and nausea.

How to recover from a whiplash injury usually takes between 3 and 6 months, but can be much longer if the injury is serious. That's when you can begin to turn up in the pocket.

If you have a forgiving employer, or have some form of insurance in place, you may be able to take paid leave until you can go back to work. If you do not, you may find yourself counting the cost of damage.

A severe whiplash injury can keep you away from work over a considerable period of time. But it's not just the work that you have to worry about. You will probably not be able to run, go in the right way and do simple tasks such as taking children to school, clean house or shop. You may have to be paid to help you through the years.

But all is not lost. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, you can claim damages. Not only can you claim compensation for any loss, but also for loss of income, health care and other cash outlays.

It is particularly common for such claims to be made if the damage is caused in a traffic accident. The third part driver may be through their insurance policies to cover your requirements.

If you or someone you know is the victim of a whiplash injury recently or in the past few years ago, a claim may be valid. You should contact a specialist firm of lawyers who can help you get what you rightfully deserve.